By participating in the Barnraising for SENIORS program, no one is alone and the goal is continually on addressing retirement issues and instilling confidence in individuals toward developing a successful retirement plan. By working together in a group setting and individually, success is only a matter of time. The following innovative steps make up the Barnraising for SENIORS program.
In this initial step, Barnraising for SENIORS helps participants gather and organize information, identify their objectives, recognize obstacles to success and begin to develop a customized plan to move forward.
• The program begins with a personal retirement review
• Identify individual goals
• Connect with others
Based on the needs and expertise of the individual members within the Barnraising for SENIORS program, during "One-on-one Assistance," participants are paired with another member of the group to identify and begin to address barriers that keep them from being successful. This provides an additional level of coaching.
• A list of participant needs is determined
• Individual progress is identified
• Barriers to being successful begin to be addressed
Barnraising for SENIORS creates research teams that will help each individual begin to address topics and issues of their choosing - by providing the resources that each person wouldn’t have on their own. This step offers help to gain actionable information and jump-start solutions to real-life concerns.
• Research assignments are customized according to individual need
• Important information from each individual's personal retirement review is included
• Findings are logged and shared
Each participant in Barnraising for SENIORS will be able to take advantage of his/her very own "Personal Board." This Personal Board is designed to assist the individual in identifying where he/she is; where he/she is trying to go; and, most important, to help by providing ideas, suggestions and strategies for alternative ways to get there. Planning for retirement is customized to each person.
• A sample agenda is provided; however, this is tailored to meet the needs of the individual
• A designated Board member will introduce the program and take summary notes
• Ideas, suggestions and strategies are personalized, typed and provided to each participant
During the Barnraising for SENIORS program, we provide participants with some of the most important information and tools relevant to producing an effective and successful retirement plan. Topics covered may include: what are the big questions to consider, developing an effective financial plan; &/or creating a comprehensive estate plan.
• The needs of Barnraising for SENIORS participants are identified
• Topics are selected and seminar issues are addressed
• Feedback is solicited in order to better meet the needs of the participants
The ultimate in “jump-starting” a solution to a retirement problem. The Barn- Raising™ Event takes networking to a whole new level – it is the signature program of the Barnraising for SENIORS program.
Participants who are selected to be the “Guests of Honor” at the BarnRaising Event highlight to the whole gathering where they would like help - and each member of the BarnRaising Group is asked to offer something of assistance. It could be advice, a contact, a suggestion to address the problem – or anything the person could do to help the Guest of Honor address their issue.
• The guest-of-honor has the opportunity to present his/her problem briefly during this program
• Participants in the Barnraising for SENIORS program will know before they attend the “BarnRaising Event” that they will be asked to do one (1) thing for the guest of honor – whether large, like scheduling a meeting with someone who can help, or small, such as sending an article or a piece of advice
• A summary of all of the helpful ideas and suggestions is shared with the guest-of-honor