By participating in the BarnRaising.org program, no one is alone and the goal is continually on building a community that supports each individual, addresses issues and instills confidence – whether you are looking for employment or starting a new business.
The following innovative steps to success are some of the tools used in the BarnRaising.org program.
In this step, BarnRaising.org helps participants gather and organize information, identify personal objectives, recognize obstacles to finding a job or starting a new business, and begin to develop a customized individual going-forward strategy.
• The program begins with a personal/professional review
• Identify individual goals
• Connect with others
Based on the needs and expertise of the individual members within the BarnRaising community, during “One-on-one Assistance,” participants begin to address barriers that keep them from being successful during this transition. This provides an additional level of coaching.
• Participant needs are identified
• Individual goals and issues are established
• Barriers to a successful job search or business plan begin to be analyzed and addressed
BarnRaising.org creates research teams that help each individual begin to research their particular job or business market – by providing more resources than each person would have on their own. This step offers help to gain actionable information and jump-start the job search or new business.
• Research assignments are individualized
• Important ideas, suggestions and leads are shared
• Actionable items are ready for follow-up
Personal Boards are designed to assist the individual in identifying key job hunt or new business issues, concerns or problems; where help may be available; and, most important, providing ideas, suggestions and strategies for alternative paths to addressing top challenges. Planning is customized to each individual.
• Personal Boards are tailored to meet the needs of each individual
• Board members offer customized guidance including contacts, leads and other resources
• Ideas, suggestions and strategies are personalized and shared for prioritization and follow-up
Seminars and Webinars
BarnRaising provides members with some of the most important information and tools relevant to finding a job or starting a business. Topics could include: what are the big questions to consider, how to develop an effective plan, and what are the critical steps to take to be successful.
• The needs of program participants are identified
• Topics are selected and issues are addressed
• Actionable next steps are shared as part of BarnRaising’s people-helping-people approach
The ultimate in jump-starting an individual’s job search or new business. The BarnRaising.org program takes networking to a whole new level when the “BarnRaising Event” is included – it is the signature people-helping-people activity.
Participants who are selected to be the “Guest of Honor” at the BarnRaising Event highlight where they would like help – and each attendee of the “BarnRaising Event” is asked to offer something of assistance. It could be as simple as providing advice, a contact name, or a suggestion to address the problem – or something big like introducing the Guest-of-Honor to someone they know or scheduling a follow-up private conversation.
• The Guest-of-Honor has the opportunity to present his/her problem in preparation for this program
• Participants in the BarnRaising Event will understand that they will be asked to do one (1) thing for the Guest-of-Honor – whether large, like scheduling a meeting with someone who can help, or small, such as sending an article or a piece of advice
• All of the helpful ideas and suggestions are shared with the Guest-of-Honor